HOUSE CHORES WITH MOTHER (NARRATIVE ESSAY) ~ BY FASHA


 

      Since I was a ten years old, I’m very used in doing house chores because I help my mother a lot. This is because my father always busy with his work and didn’t help with any house chores. He always give as excuses such as tired from working. I felt sorry for my mother who did the house chores alone, so I had to learn at an early age. I often did house chores like cleaning and cooking. Due to that I have become more independent especially when I had to further my studies far away from my family and staying at rented house.

       I have been cooking lunch for my family since I was twelve years old. I can cook because my mother has taught me to cook. Therefore, I started cooking myself to help lessen her burdens. The lunch I cooked was praised by them for the first time and it made me happy.The first meal that I cook is fried chicken rice. At first I was worried that my cooking will be very bad but my mother always support me and keep teaching me until my cooking get better. Now I can cook many dishes without the help from my mother.

      Besides, cleaning is another thing I did since I was young. This is because I’m very sympathy with my mother so I helped her to clean the house because sometimes I saw my mother was tired from work and she saw the house in a mess, it will made her feel annoyed since no one cares about the house. For examples, I always sweep the floors, doing laundry and washing dishes. I did all of these with my mother since my brothers didn’t help at all. This is because they often made a mess in the house. After that, I also taught my brothers to pack and store all their toys so that the house is always clean. Therefore, they are also used with the house chores.

      There was an incident that made my father and brothers realized the importance of doing house chores together. One day, my mother was dragged to the hospital due to exhaustion from doing too much house chores. We were very worried of mother’s condition but gladly the doctor said it is nothing much to worry. Since then, everyone became very helpful in doing house chores without being told to.


Comments